Nagaoka MP-110 Cartridge
Shipping Time: 72 Hours
What makes the Nagaoka MP-110 stand out is the way it provides a musical performance that is completely satisfying and fulfilling, while still having the ability to create those “oh, wow” moments because the music just sounds so good. Tracking and bass impact are exceptional and the music has an effortless ebb and flow no matter if you are listening to classic rock or pure classical, with everything in-between.
Got the Nagaoka mounted up. Not bad, closer to my Dynavector DV20X2L than I’d like to admit.
The above excerpt from a recent review demonstrates the eloquence and artistry of this humbly-priced and affordable cartridge. The successor to the acclaimed and classic Nagaoka MP-11 phono cartridge, the Nagaoka MP-110 phono cartridge extends and strengthens its predecessor’s talents to a new level of radiance. You’ll hear more music, more detailed refinement to enjoy and savor. The Nagaoka MP-110 is the cartridge to start with and to keep for a long time.
The Nagaoka MP-110 is the successor model of MP-11 that won a grand prize in Europe. It has a very true, European-like sound with well-balanced fidelity. It’s tranquil to cacophonous tones and is favored in Europe. “Collected and decent younger sister”
Superfine polished elliptical bonded stylus tip
Powerful samarium cobalt magnet
Lightweight aluminum alloy cantilever
Carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic pole shoe
Anti-ferro-magnetic perm alloy shield casing
Footnote 1: Don Lindich’s Sound Advice Blog, Nagaoka MP-110 Cartridge, https://www.soundadviceblog.com/vinyl-records/nagaoka-mp-110-phono-cartridge/
Footnote 2: Recent customer comment from owner of Dynavector DV20X2L cartridge.
Nagaoka MP-110 Phono Cartridge Specifications
– Type: Moving magnet
– Cantilever: Aluminum alloy
– Stylus type: Superfine polished elliptical bonded diamond with 0.4 x 0.7 mil radii
– Weight: 6.5 g
– Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 5mV
– Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
– Channel balance @ 1kHz: > 1.5dB
– Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 23dB
– Recommended loading: 47k ohms
– Dynamic compliance: 6.0 x 10-6 cm/dyne
– Static compliance: 18 x 10-6 cm/dyne
– Tracking force range: 1.5 – 2.0 g
– Break-in period: 30 hours
– Stylus replacement: Nagaoka JN-P110